Friday, August 28, 2009

Everyone in "Yooper Land" Has a Car Snowplow!!!

August 25, Tuesday. We woke up to rain drizzle, but decided to leave anyways at 10 am for Mackinac City. We drove down highway 41 then down to the south coast of the UP on Rt 2 we drove all along the coast towns with Lake Michigan on the right side of highway. We stopped at a "Yooper" Tourist Trap Gift shop. Very interesting collection of odd vehicles made into some fun contraptions. I ask what is a Yooper? Answer is the upper peninsula people are nicknamed "Yoopers" and the south of the UP people are called Flat Landers!!! It finally stopped raining so the drive became a nice afternoon.

Around 4 pm we stopped for the night at Whispering RV Park. A nice level sites and full hook-ups with cable and wi-fi too. But the wi-fi would would recieve e-mails but would not let me e-mail out!!! I did download my Blog and 2 photo albums, I hope you saw them even though I didn't tell you to look. God Bless...AirstreamHobo & Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment