Saturday, March 21, 2015

 Jim & Jeanne..Fulltimers for 13 years ...our new camp neighbors...
This is their Motor home parked next to us at 1000 Trails ....

February 13th , we returned to 1000 trails for 2 more weeks. When we backed in next to this motor home, Jim came over and introduced himself.. We sat at our picnic table and talked for 3 hours. We talked about Alaska too.. He went back to his motor home and got 2 Log Books that he wrote during their 2011 trip. He left the books with me to read over the weekend...so interesting to read.


 I learned while reading that Jim was a carver, he carved figurines on wooden thread spools. Wow so little art figurines but very beautiful. He then showed me some on display in the camper.
 Blue Bird...
 Statue of Liberty...
   Further reading I found out that Jim & Jeanne were married the same day as Carol and I.. 47 years ago...how weird is it to meet someone who has the same wedding anniversary as you. They shared so many stories of Alaska, giving me fishing tackle ..2 lines with hooks and flys on them ...and also ..a can of salmon fish that they caught and canned over 400 cans while in Alaska..I sure wish I could tag along with them to Alaska, I believe I would learn so much from this couple!! Thanks for Sharing Jim & Jeanne...Safe Travels to you both !!

No comments:

Post a Comment